top of page

The Peanut Gallery's 2023 Oscar Picks

The Oscars will air on 3/12/23 at 8 PM ET.

The 95th Academy Awards are set to air this Sunday at 8 PM on ABC. I won't pretend to know what I'm talking about when it comes to making Oscar picks. If it were up to me, Top Gun: Maverick would win every award and we'd be out of there in a tight 15. Alas, some people are better judges of motion pictures than I am, allegedly.

Steve Titcomb and Josh Aboody, the Peanut Gallery's two resident film gurus, made their Oscar picks last year, and are back in 2023 to stake their claims once again.

Steve Titcomb's 2022 Oscar Picks:

Best Actor - Brendan Fraser (The Whale)

Best Actress - Michelle Yeoh (Everything Everywhere All at Once)

Best Supporting Actor - Ke Huy Quan (Everything Everywhere All at Once)

Best Supporting Actress - Angela Bassett (Black Panther: Wakanda Forever)

Best Director - Martin McDonagh (The Banshees of Inisherin)

Joshua Aboody's 2022 Oscar Picks:

Best Picture - Avatar: The Way of Water

Best Actor - Brendan Fraser (The Whale)

Best Supporting Actor - Brian Tyree Henry (Causeway)

Best Actress - Cate Blanchett (Tár)

Best Supporting Actress - Hong Chau (The Whale)

Best Director - Todd Field (Tár)

Tune in this Sunday at 8 PM for the final verdicts from the Academy. Hopefully no one gets assaulted on stage this time!

Subscribe now for updates on the latest and greatest banter from the Peanut Gallery!

Recent Posts

  • Instagram
  • Facebook
  • Twitter