top of page

TV/Movie Recs from the Peanut Gallery, Vol. 1

If you get a TV or movie rec from the Peanut Gallery, you know it's good.

The first set of recommendations from the Peanut Gallery

Look, I'm not saying we at the Peanut Gallery have the best taste. But I am saying that if people were to assume we did have the best taste, I wouldn't fight them on it. Sorry. Gonna hype up my guys. They know their stuff.

This is the first installment on what will be a recurring segment on the Peanut Gallery. A recommendation for a film, TV show, video game, etc. that you might not have enjoyed before (we're not gonna sit here saying you should watch this little indy film series called Star Wars).

Check them out. Enjoy.

Steve's Recommendation: The Walking Dead: Daryl Dixon

The Peanut Gallery highly recommends The Walking Dead: Daryl Dixon.

Not since Rick Grimes left the original series has zombie television been this captivating. Clemence Poesy is the most mesmerizing character introduced to the Walking Dead universe in years as she teams up with a stranded Daryl in France, breathing new life in a franchise going into its 13th year. Riveting and edge of your seat television has returned. Check it out on AMC or stream it on AMC+.

Josh's Recommendation: A Nearly Normal Family

The Peanut Gallery highly recommends A Nearly Normal Family

This Swedish miniseries will keep you guessing to the end. The crime drama gets plenty of mileage out of its six-episode run thanks to clever storytelling and formidable acting. Watch it on Netflix.

Matt's Recommendation: The Man Who Killed Hitler and Then the Bigfoot

The Peanut Gallery highly recommends The Man Who Killed Hitler and Then the Bigfoot

Sounds like a wild action movie but don't let the title deceive you; it's actually a character study focused on regret. Great performance by Sam Elliott and his mustache. Watch it on Hulu, Tubi, or Vudu for free.

Sheehan's Recommendation: Bad Words

The Peanut Gallery highly recommends Bad Words.

Some of the best one-liners and trash talking of any movie ever made. Jason Bateman, who stars in and directs Bad Words, is a darker version of his usual character in this story about a malcontent genius who, by exploiting a loophole, enters a national spelling bee intended for children. Watch it on Netflix.

Subscribe now for updates on the latest and greatest banter from the Peanut Gallery!

Recent Posts

  • Instagram
  • Facebook
  • Twitter