top of page

The Peanut Gallery's Top 5 Star Wars Moments

It's George Lucas's birthday! Here are our top 5 Star Wars moments.

DISCLAIMER: these are our top 5 moments from the George Lucas-led Star Wars films, so Episodes I-VI only.

George Lucas is 78 years young today. We sent out our 1-11 Star Wars live-action film rankings on May the Fourth. Now, to honor the GOAT, four of our writers compiled our top 5 moments from Episode I to Episode VI, i.e. George's movies. Some are happy, some are sad, some are just really freaking cool. But they all left an indelible impression on us.

Let us know who you agree with in the comment section, and/or who you think is a big fat idiot.

Steve Titcomb's Top 5 Star Wars Moments

1. Darth Maul vs. Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon: Episode I- The Phantom Menace

2. Obi-Wan vs. Anakin: Episode III- Revenge of the Sith

3. "I am your father.": Episode V- The Empire Strikes Back

4. Yoda vs. Count Dooku: Episode II- Attack of the Clones

5. Darth Vader Saves Luke: Episode VI- Return of the Jedi

Josh Aboody's Top 5 Star Wars Moments

1. Sarlacc Pit Battle: Episode VI- Return of the Jedi

2. Darth Maul vs. Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon: Episode I- The Phantom Menace

3. "I am your father.": Episode V- The Empire Strikes Back

4. Podracing: Episode I- The Phantom Menace

5. Forest Speeder Bike Chase: Episode VI- Return of the Jedi

Matt Novak's Top 5 Star Wars Moments

1. "I am your father.": Episode V- The Empire Strikes Back

2. Death Star II Destruction: Episode VI- Return of the Jedi

3. Darth Maul vs. Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon: Episode I- The Phantom Menace

4. Luke vs. Rancor: Episode VI- Return of the Jedi

5. Yoda vs. Clone Troopers, Order 66: Episode III- Revenge of the Sith

Sheehan Planas-Arteaga's Top 5 Star Wars Moments

1. Darth Vader Saves Luke: Episode VI- Return of the Jedi

2. Obi-Wan vs. Anakin: Episode III- Revenge of the Sith

3. "I am your father.": Episode V- The Empire Strikes Back

4. Podracing: Episode I- The Phantom Menace

5. Luke Destroys Death Star I: Episode IV- A New Hope

Happy Birthday, George! May the force be with you, always.

Subscribe now for updates on the latest and greatest banter from the Peanut Gallery!

  • Instagram
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram