Sheehan Planas-Arteaga

Mar 21, 20221 min

The Peanut Gallery's 2022 Oscar Picks

Updated: Jan 24, 2023

The Oscars will air on 3/27/22 at 8 PM ET.

It's award season in Hollywood. For non-film gurus like me, that means a lot of confusion due to not having seen most or all of the nominated movies. Luckily, the Peanut Gallery is a versatile group. An eclectic group. Some would say, an omniscient group.

As such, a few of our film guys have submitted their picks for the major awards to be handed out at the upcoming 94th Academy Awards. And hey, they've written a spoiler-free PG review for one of the big winners! So read that afterwards if, like me, you're considering watching some of these eventually.

Steve Titcomb's 2022 Oscar Picks:

Best Picture - King Richard

Best Actor - Will Smith, King Richard

Best Actress - Nicole Kidman, Being the Ricardos

Best Supporting Actor - Jesse Plemons, The Power of the Dog

Best Supporting Actress - Dame Judi Dench, Belfast

Best Director - Kenneth Branagh, Belfast

Joshua Aboody's 2022 Oscar Picks:

Best Picture: King Richard

Best Supporting Actress: Aunjanue Ellis, King Richard

Best Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee- The Power of the Dog

Best Actor: Will Smith, King Richard

Best Actress: Jessica Chastain, The Eyes of Tammy Faye

Best Director: Kenneth Branagh, Belfast

Another year, another Fast and Furious masterpiece getting absolutely SNUBBED! Oh well.

Subscribe now for updates on the latest and greatest banter from the Peanut Gallery!

    4